ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Familiar with a Product Led Growth [PLG] model for market expansion? Good, you’re in the right place. Jeenie is taking a product-first approach to creating value, and to growing, setting the tempo for our fellow Jeenies. We’re breaking language barriers by expanding our dynamic marketplace of linguists and building intelligent automations, making Jeenie much more than “just an app”. Naturally, we work closely with our Growth and Client Success teams, and of course Engineering, collaborating to bring human connection to users globally.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the head of our Product Group, and working closely with Marketing, Engineering, and our client-facing teams, you will be a vital contributor to Jeenie, and lead all aspects of our user experience and digital interaction designs. You will be intimately involved throughout our innovation lifecycle from ideation and definition through successful design and build, acceptance, release and ongoing evolution, including identifying and addressing points of design improvement throughout.
To ensure success in this role, you should know the design process intimately and possess excellent knowledge of digital product life cycles. You will understand our user’s needs and requirements and will transform that understanding into user-focused and intuitive product experiences and interfaces (UX/UI), across multiple platforms including mobile and web. Ultimately, a top-notch experience designer should have exceptional creative design and communication skills plus the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teammates, as well as consumers and other stakeholders. You will work in a wide variety of areas, including integrated web and digital app journeys, data visualizations, interactive dashboards, and internal tooling interfaces. Your tasks will include the creation of experience maps, storyboards and user scenarios, incorporating both low and high fidelity mockups and flows. Since you will be working closely with our product managers, marketers, engineers, and other key stakeholders, you must be a team player.
Still interested? Cool, here’s what you will do:
- Lead the full design process, from conducting research to conceptualizing and designing digital experiences for the company’s various products
- Analyze user behavior to gain insights and identify opportunities to optimize usability
- Design user-experiences from low-fidelity sketches to hi-fidelity pixel perfect mockups
- Identify defects or points of improvement, and provide feedback and recommendations regarding the product’s usability, value, and benefit
- Validate ideas and designs using split A/B tests and product performance
- Work diligently to ensure the product designs meet both management and consumer objectives
- Collaborate and communicate professionally with clients and internal teams
- Develop interactive reporting dashboards and different types of visualizations
- Create rapid prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and customers
- Engage with clients and marketplace participants to gauge how the product is being received
- Stay current with UX / industry trends to best implement the latest technologies
ABOUT SUCCESS IN THE POSITION
Some of the main ways we measure success:
- Various behavioral KPIs like task success rate, steps to completion, user error rates, etc
- User satisfaction scores across usability, feedback ratings, and other experience benchmarks
- Observation and analytics of core PLG metrics across activation, conversion, retention, and the like
Here’s what we believe our best applicants bring with them into the role:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in visual design, UX design, or a related field
- At least 5 years experience as an interaction/UX designer or a similar role, including experience with responsive Web design and frameworks that incorporate strong grid principles
- Proven examples of good design and strong work portfolio that demonstrates systematic and creative design thinking as well as a deep understanding of UI/UX best practices
- Proficiency in interaction design software, such as Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, etc.
- Strong ability to recognize and predict use cases and user interaction, including happy path as well as edge and corner cases, and incorporate them into designs
- Excellent knowledge of the product cycle and product design principles
- Strong communication and client-facing skills
- Self-motivation that doesn’t wait for prescriptive direction, with a strong ability to work in a face-paced, dynamic environment
- User-obsession with a desire to get in front of various user-personas in both 1:1 and in advisory settings
Jeenie is a virtual interpreting platform that connects users to a video or audio call with live, qualified interpreters for on-demand language assistance. Our global community of interpreters, located in over 140 countries, is available to help clients 24/7 in over 300 languages. Clients access Jeenie from any smartphone, tablet or computer, as well as through third-party integrations with platforms such as Zoom.
We believe language is a Basic Human Right. We’re on a mission to eliminate language barriers and ensure equitable access in healthcare, education, refugee and immigration support, legal services, and government, as well as facilitate business and social conversations.
Join Our Team! As an innovative, young tech company, we are in an exceptional position to expand our peer-to-peer marketplace platform into a market leader, and disrupt a $60 billion industry. We are hiring vibrant and intellectually curious people who want to help us achieve our mission, grow professionally, and be part of a supportive and dynamic team!
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.