Jeenie is a virtual interpreting platform that connects users to a video or audio call with live, qualified interpreters for on-demand language assistance. Our global community of interpreters, located in over 140 countries, is available to help clients 24/7 in over 300 languages. Clients access Jeenie from any smartphone, tablet or computer, as well as through third-party integrations with platforms such as Zoom.
We believe language is a Basic Human Right. We’re on a mission to eliminate language barriers and ensure equitable access in healthcare, education, refugee and immigration support, legal services, and government, as well as facilitate business and social conversations.
Join Our Team! As an innovative, young tech company, we are in an exceptional position to expand our peer-to-peer marketplace platform into a market leader, and disrupt a $60 billion industry. We are hiring vibrant and intellectually curious people who want to help us achieve our mission, grow professionally, and be part of a supportive and dynamic team!
Job Title: Fullstack Engineer
Location: Remote, with travel up to 10% (as required)
Position Details: Full-Time, Exempt
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience
Jeenie® is seeking a forward-thinking, passionate Fullstack Engineer to join its growing engineering organization. This role reports directly to the Head of Engineering and the ideal candidate has strong technical and analytical capabilities, along with extensive experience with cloud native computing technologies.
You will be an integral part of the Jeenie Engineering Team, collaborating across the company to drive impact and growth. This position will support multiple business units in developing and implementing high quality data-driven solutions to advance effective and efficient business decisions.
The Full Stack engineer will collaborate across multiple teams to:
- Analyze, architect, and implement solutions that help support data and process needs in a secure cloud environment
- Design, develop, test, and support solutions in a variety of frontend and backend environments
- Participate in code reviews and mentoring of junior developers
- Work with both onshore and offshore development teams to help coordinate development across multiple parallel efforts
- Actively participate in building and maintaining a healthy internal engineering culture and in growing the engineering team
- Participate in root-cause forensic analysis to help determine root cause issues
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related engineering preferred, or relevant work experience
- Experience implementing backend solutions that both provide, and consume REST APIs
- Experience working in modern component-based frontend frameworks, such as Vue and React
- Experience working in a modern containerized cloud environment, particularly in Kubernetes with Docker
- Experience with data modeling, and modern ETL data pipeline tools, including Airbyte, DBT, Google BigQuery, and Google DataStudio
- Advanced knowledge of multiple database systems, including PostgreSQL, BigQuery, Redis
- Strong knowledge of GCP products and services
- Experience in SaaS and early-to-mid stage technology companies preferred
- Computer with high resolution web camera for client calls and product demonstrations as required
- Neutral, quiet, and professional work environment with appropriate lighting
- Stable internet connection capable of download speeds of 350kbps or higher
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Proficient with distributed data pipeline tools, such as Airbyte, and DBT, or equivalent
- Experience with containerized cloud environments, particularly Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with Agile engineering practices
- Ability to productively discuss technical requirements with non-technical team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior organizational/follow-up skills
- Intellectual curiosity, and eagerness to learn new technologies and skills
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Jeenie is an Equal Employment Opportunity and an Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, abortion, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or other characteristics protected by local, state or federal law. We adhere to the principle that all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, and discharge be based on merit, performance, competence, or business needs.