Jeenie is a virtual interpreting platform that connects users to a video or audio call with live, qualified interpreters for on-demand language assistance. Our global community of interpreters, located in over 140 countries, is available to help clients 24/7 in over 300 languages. Clients access Jeenie from any smartphone, tablet or computer, as well as through third-party integrations with platforms such as Zoom.
We believe language is a Basic Human Right. We’re on a mission to eliminate language barriers and ensure equitable access in healthcare, education, refugee and immigration support, legal services, and government, as well as facilitate business and social conversations.
Join our team, as we were just named as one of Fast Company’s 10 most innovative companies for 2022. As an innovative, young tech company, we are in an exceptional position to expand our peer-to-peer marketplace platform into a market leader, and disrupt a $60 billion industry. We are hiring vibrant and intellectually curious people who want to help us achieve our mission, grow professionally, and be part of a supportive and dynamic team!
Job Title: Head of People
Location: Remote, with travel up to 10% (as required)
Position Details: Full-Time, Exempt
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience
As the Head of People for Jeenie, you will step in as core team member, diving into and leading everything related to People. This role will lead and establish this function as the Company pursues its mission to eliminate language barriers for more equitable and equal access to services for all citizens. Further, you will be a core champion of the organization’s mission, fostering a culture that promotes and reinforces our values. The ideal candidate will have both early-stage and large company functional expertise in human resources building organizational culture, talent development, and people operations programs, along with the ability to be extremely hands-on in the short term.
You will collaborate closely with Jeenie’s Founder and leadership team to up-level our fundamentals, empower our employees to do their best work, and help define our talent brand and culture.
The Head of People will play a foundational role in Jeenie’s success by:
- Develop strategy, programs, and processes that impact the entire employee experience, including onboarding, compliance and benefits, recruiting, and retention
- Design and execute strategic operational structures and organizational roadmaps that will ensure success at scale, as the organization continues its rapid growth
- Develop and update the Company talent plan with visibility on upcoming positions aligned with the business strategy
- Implement an inclusive and efficient sourcing and recruiting strategy to meet growth objectives
- Build out an onboarding experience and engagement metrics for new hires, ensuring every employee is properly onboarded for success in their role with the company
- Shape our compensation and benefits strategy to attract and retain world class talent
- Work with company leadership to define, cultivate, and nurture a company culture that captures the exceptional nature of the company and what we mean to embody
- Create policies, processes, training, traditions, events, and other ideas to allow the company to preserve its unique culture as we scale
- Ensure policies and practices comply with all applicable state and federal laws and investigate and direct responses to workplace complaints and/or performance issues
- Establish programs to enhance employee engagement, leadership skills, and talent development
- Other duties as assigned
- Self-started with prior experience leading and developing People strategies in high-growth environments
- Strong generalist foundation across all People team functional areas including recruiting, talent development, organizational development, performance management, change management, compensation and benefits, compliance/legal policies, employee engagement, employee relations, etc.
- Demonstrated experience leading strategic DEI initiatives and L&D programming
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and practical experience of translating those laws into organizational policies and practices
- Ability to develop recommendations grounded in a combination of data, best practices research, and personal expertise.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of core organizational goals
- Exceptional people/emotional intuition, including demonstrated success managing diverse stakeholders and resolving conflicts creatively and productively
- Experience navigating and driving collaboration across multiple teams
- Strong presentation skills; experience communicating strategies and results to all levels, including executives
- Superior writing skills to communicate job functions and the benefits of working for Jeenie in a way to motivate applicants
- Results oriented, and track record of success in a fast-paced work environment
- A passion to treat customers and employees right
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Jeenie is an Equal Employment Opportunity and an Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, abortion, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or other characteristics protected by local, state or federal law. We adhere to the principle that all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, and discharge be based on merit, performance, competence, or business needs.