Jeenie is a virtual interpreting platform that connects users to a video or audio call with live, qualified interpreters for on-demand language assistance. Our global community of interpreters, located in over 140 countries, is available to help clients 24/7 in over 300 languages. Clients access Jeenie from any smartphone, tablet or computer, as well as through third-party integrations with platforms such as Zoom.
We believe language is a Basic Human Right. We’re on a mission to eliminate language barriers and ensure equitable access in healthcare, education, refugee and immigration support, legal services, and government, as well as facilitate business and social conversations.
Join Our Team! As an innovative, young tech company, we are in an exceptional position to expand our peer-to-peer marketplace platform into a market leader, and disrupt a $60 billion industry. We are hiring vibrant and intellectually curious people who want to help us achieve our mission, grow professionally, and be part of a supportive and dynamic team!
Job Title: Head of Product
Location: Remote, with travel up to 30% (as required). Candidate must be located in the United States.
Position Details: Full-Time, Exempt
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience
Jeenie® is seeking a Head of Product with a strong background in product management in a startup environment and a passion for creating great user experiences.
This is a senior executive role, reporting directly to the CEO. This opportunity is best suited to a candidate who is grounded in process, but also has a creative eye for new opportunities to enhance product design, operability, and market fit. You will be an integral part of the Jeenie Executive Team and will have the opportunity to build a product team that makes our joint vision a reality.
Initially, this role is both strategic and tactical, requiring the Head of Product to also act in an individual contributor capacity while leading the team. This role will have a direct line of sight into Engineering and will work with the Engineering team on sprint planning and resource allocation.
For the right person, who is looking to challenge themselves and take on significant responsibility, this will be a career-making opportunity. You will have the pleasure of working alongside and leading a team of smart, hardworking, and supportive people.
At a high level, responsibilities will include oversight of Jeenie’s nascent Product Team, to include recruiting, hiring, training, and mentoring team members, as well as development and execution of product development initiatives aligned with company business development priorities. Candidate will be responsible for the evolution of the Jeenie product and ultimately for the creation of an elegant, technologically superior product that leverages the advantages of the peer-to-peer marketplace model to create exceptional user experiences for both customers and interpreters.
The right candidate will:
- Have a strong vision and mission-oriented work ethic that inspires your team and the rest of the company to do their best work.
- Be customer-obsessed, engaging constantly with clients to research their pain points and needs, as well as work alongside them to develop new product features and capabilities.
- Take the lead on working with key team members across the company, from Client Development to Engineering, to build consensus on product roadmap and ensure alignment of roadmap with interdepartmental goals and necessities.
- Work with the team (including potential junior Product Managers) to build and drive a formalized product process including, but not limited to, Roadmap, Product Requirement Documentation, Product Designs, Specifications, and Testing Plans.
- Have a keen instinct for how the product should evolve both in terms of improvements to existing functions and of design and implementation of new features and capabilities that are responsive to emerging client needs as well as to market opportunities and technological advancements.
- Be able to present and communicate product development initiatives to teams and departments, arbitrating tensions in day-to-day decisions as needed.
- Have a strong understanding of product positioning in order to optimize collaboration with Product Marketing, Communications, and Client Development.
- Build and cultivate the product management team by taking on a significant role in recruiting, selecting, orienting, coaching, performance reviewing, and mentoring team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7+ years of direct Product Management experience, Engineering Management preferred
- Exceptional Project Management skills, with demonstrated history of successfully developing and executing strategies while collaborating cross-functionally and building consensus
- Experience with Agile and/or Scrum Product Management
- Demonstrated history of successfully planning and rolling out products
- Proven problem-solving and analytical capabilities, with the ability to develop creative/non-traditional solutions for challenging, undefined problems
- Proven ability to source, hire, and nurture a growing product team
- Computer with high resolution web camera for conference calls and product demonstrations as required
- Neutral, quiet, and professional work environment with appropriate lighting
- Stable internet connection capable of download speeds of 350kbps or higher
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Experience with Agile and/or Scrum Product Management
- Superior Project Management skills
- Knowledge of modern CRM systems such as Salesforce, HubSpot or similar preferred
- Proficiency in Google Docs/Sheets and similar cloud based productivity tools
- Ability to build spreadsheets and financials projections
- Ability to manage teams and work in a cross-functional environment
- Exceptional phone- and video-based communication
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent email communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Superior organizational/follow-up skills
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Jeenie is an Equal Employment Opportunity and an Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, abortion, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or other characteristics protected by local, state or federal law. We adhere to the principle that all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, and discharge be based on merit, performance, competence, or business needs.