ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Familiar with a Product Led Growth [PLG] model for market expansion? Good, you’re in the right place. Jeenie is taking a product-first approach to creating value, and to growing, setting the tempo for our fellow Jeenies. We’re breaking language barriers by expanding our dynamic marketplace of linguists and building intelligent automations, making Jeenie much more than “just an app”. Naturally, we work closely with our Growth and Client Success teams, and of course Engineering, collaborating to bring human connection to users globally.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Company is seeking an experienced and dynamic principal product lead to help champion all aspects of our marketplace engine, including data analytics and 3rd party integrations. Reporting to the head of our Product Group, you will be an essential leader on the Product team and be the point person responsible for all functional aspects of our core platform throughout the innovation lifecycle, from ideation and definition through successful build, acceptance, market release and ongoing evolution.
You will be responsible for deeply understanding market needs and innovation opportunities, managing an ongoing backlog of potential features, and driving the definition, prioritization, planning and execution relative to time & budget goals. You will work in a highly engaging manner, leading cross-functional initiatives that deliver value and contribute to the realization of our product vision. You will collaborate substantially with our Engineering leads and domain experts, while also partnering closely with our client/market-facing teams, articulating and evangelizing what’s possible with our liquid marketplace engine, while also enabling and supporting fellow Jeenie’s in their ability to service our stakeholders and maximize benefit from what you create.
This role is a balancing act that requires strong interpersonal skills plus proven hard skills, including knowing when to dig deep and when to pivot. Success requires having a curious mind, strong attention to detail, excellent problem solving and communications abilities, and hands-on experience operating within disciplined product management methodologies that bring teams together and produce results. You know how to capture, analyze, and present data to support your beliefs and influence others. You possess a strong background in B2B SaaS and technical platforms, have hands-on experience with data, analytics, and system integrations, and thrive in a dynamic, fast-growing scale-up that is product-led and growth oriented.
Still interested? Cool, here’s what you will do:
- Drive product innovation and maturity including new capabilities, roadmap priorities, value propositions, and associated strategic and tactical activities
- Take ownership, monitor, and drive the overall success of your assigned product area(s)
- Be the market expert for your respective area, while building effective relationships
- Own ‘voice of the market’ through regular interaction with business users and economic buyers
- Coordinate cross-functionally throughout the product lifecycle and ensure success through communication, program management, knowledge transfer and training, and domain expertise
- Clearly define, document, and communicate business requirements, user experience, and system requirements within a disciplined process
- Organize and lead discovery, design, and acceptance testing efforts
- Identify, analyze, and recommend potential product partner relationships
- Partner with Growth teams on relevant G2M strategies to ensure they are equipped with the proper knowledge and enablement to engage target audiences and win with prospects & clients
- Partner with Engineering to ensure clear understanding of needs and the rationale behind priorities, and support optimal solutioning and value-creation
ABOUT SUCCESS IN THE POSITION
Some of the main initiatives you’ll be part of:
Some of the main ways we measure success:
- Various Business Performance KPIs such as MRR/TCV, NDR (net-dollar-retention), Usage-growth, COGS
- Client and marketplace participant satisfaction scores, feedback ratings, NPS, CSAT
- Various PLDC metrics across discovery, design, build, and release, including quality & velocity
Here’s what we believe our best applicants bring with them into the role:
- Bachelor’s degree relevant field such as business or engineering; MBA or Masters preferred
- 8+ years direct product management experience as a Product Manager, Product Director or similar, with the majority of that in the tech/IT space, ideally in healthcare
- A hands on leadership style that doesn’t delegate or preside, and instead motivates, inspires and supports the team with a winning attitude
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects at once, with multiple stakeholders to get value delivered regularly and predictably
- Experience writing business requirements, especially including back-end technical, data/analytics and system integration/interoperability requirements (APIs, FHIR, SIP, WebRTC, SQL, etc)
- A collaborative and team-oriented personality, with an ability to build strong working relationships
- Self-motivation that doesn’t wait for prescriptive direction, with a strong ability to work in a face-paced, dynamic environment
- Detail and results oriented skills, across both planning and hands-on execution, with strong analytical and problem-solving aptitude
- Customer-obsession with a desire to get in front of customers in both 1:1 and in advisory settings
- Articulate communication in both oral and written form, with comfort in front of large, diverse audiences
- Knowledge/experience working with Agile methodologies and Design-Thinking.
- Working Acumen with tools like JIRA, Confluence, ClickUp, and CRM
- Prior training/certifications in Product Management (Pragmatic) or other similar methodology
- Comfort and experience traveling up to 25% of the time
Jeenie is a virtual interpreting platform that connects users to a video or audio call with live, qualified interpreters for on-demand language assistance. Our global community of interpreters, located in over 140 countries, is available to help clients 24/7 in over 300 languages. Clients access Jeenie from any smartphone, tablet or computer, as well as through third-party integrations with platforms such as Zoom.
We believe language is a Basic Human Right. We’re on a mission to eliminate language barriers and ensure equitable access in healthcare, education, refugee and immigration support, legal services, and government, as well as facilitate business and social conversations.
Join Our Team! As an innovative, young tech company, we are in an exceptional position to expand our peer-to-peer marketplace platform into a market leader, and disrupt a $60 billion industry. We are hiring vibrant and intellectually curious people who want to help us achieve our mission, grow professionally, and be part of a supportive and dynamic team!
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.