Jeenie is a virtual interpreting platform that connects users to a video or audio call with live, qualified interpreters for on-demand language assistance. Our global community of interpreters, located in over 140 countries, is available to help clients 24/7 in over 300 languages. Clients access Jeenie from any smartphone, tablet or computer, as well as through third-party integrations with platforms such as Zoom.
We believe language is a Basic Human Right. We’re on a mission to eliminate language barriers and ensure equitable access in healthcare, education, refugee and immigration support, legal services, and government, as well as facilitate business and social conversations.
Join Our Team! As an innovative, young tech company, we are in an exceptional position to expand our peer-to-peer marketplace platform into a market leader, and disrupt a $60 billion industry. We are hiring vibrant and intellectually curious people who want to help us achieve our mission, grow professionally, and be part of a supportive and dynamic team!
Job Title: Senior Product Designer
Location: Remote, with travel up to 10% (as required). Candidate must be located in the United States.
Position Details: Full-Time, Exempt
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience
Jeenie® is seeking a Senior UI/UX Product Designer who shares the belief that great design can be the difference between functional software and truly game-changing products that make people’s everyday lives better.
The ideal candidate lives at the intersection of gorgeous aesthetics, clear user experience and a pragmatic “get it done” attitude. He/She/They should have a strong background in rapid product iteration and collaboration with a passion for creating amazing consumer experiences.
This is a senior role reporting directly to product leadership. This opportunity is best suited to a candidate who is grounded in process, but also has a creative eye for new opportunities to enhance product design, operability, and market fit.
You will be an integral part of the Jeenie Product team and, over time, will have the opportunity to participate in growing the product team to make our joint vision a reality. You will also have the pleasure of working alongside and leading a team of smart, hardworking, and supportive people.
At a high level, responsibilities will include design, creation and iteration of seamless end-to-end user experiences with superior functionality and gorgeous aesthetics. This role will have a direct impact on the Jeenie user experience, requiring vision and creativity to evolve the product as well as a high level of interdepartmental coordination to translate relevant user feedback and insights from both clients and interpreters into tangible product improvements.
- Develop and implement clear and consistent design language and UX patterns across all product surfaces (including mobile, web, and third-party integrations).
- Develop functional UI mockups and prototypes and present drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders.
- Work with product leadership to design fresh, engaging, and effective user experiences from wireframes to high-fidelity, pixel-perfect designs ready for code.
- Design and conduct usability testing and other forms of user research.
- Work with product leadership and engineering to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve UX problems.
- Work with product leadership and engineering to analyze and leverage user feedback and usage metrics for continuous improvements and enhancements to user experience.
- Have a talent for translating complex requirements into a simple and elegant final product.
- Lead efforts to grow the product team and culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 4 years of direct UI/UX experience with a proven track record of contributing to consumer mobile and web products
- A strong design perspective and eagerness to collaborate toward a shared vision
- A passion for communicating and presenting your work, taking direction and feedback from stakeholders, staying organized, and managing your time effectively in a fast-paced environment
- A well-organized portfolio that shows a compelling visual style, polished technical implementation and an understanding of both mobile apps and responsive web
- A self-starter attitude with high level of initiative, proactive in finding creative and effective ways to solve day-to-day problems and resolve conflicts
- A team player and mentor, you share your expertise and delight in learning new tricks of the trade
- Experience in product design for peer-to-peer marketplace platforms with varied user profiles a plus
- Computer with high resolution web camera for conference calls and product demonstrations as required
- Neutral, quiet, and professional work environment with appropriate lighting
- Stable internet connection capable of download speeds of 350kbps or higher
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Experience with UI design tools like Figma, Sketch, Invision, or similar
- Excellent Time Management and Project Management skills
- Proficiency in Google Docs/Sheets and similar cloud based productivity tools
- Ability to manage teams and work in a cross-functional environment
- Exceptional phone- and video-based communication
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent email communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Jeenie is an Equal Employment Opportunity and an Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, abortion, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or other characteristics protected by local, state or federal law. We adhere to the principle that all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, and discharge be based on merit, performance, competence, or business needs.