Jeenie is a virtual interpreting platform that connects users to a live video or audio call with qualified
interpreters for on-demand language assistance. Our global community of interpreters, located in over 140 countries, is available to help clients 24/7 in over 300 languages. Clients access Jeenie from any smartphone, tablet, or computer, as well as through third-party integrations with platforms such as Zoom.
Jeenie believes language is a Basic Human Right. We are on a mission to ensure equal and equitable access to “life-fundamental” services by eliminating language barriers and promoting human connection. In areas of healthcare, education, refugee and immigration support, legal services, social services, business and tourism, Jeenie facilitates effective communication for positive outcomes.
Jeenie was named as one of Fast Company’s ten most innovative “small and mighty” companies for 2022 and is positioned for rapid expansion as a technology leader targeting to disrupt a $60 billion industry. We are growing rapidly, operate with a product-first approach, and create value for all marketplace participants through the use of data, intelligent automations, and compelling digital experiences.
Job Title: Senior Product Manager
Reports to: Head of Product
Location: Remote, with travel up to 25% (as required)
Position Details: Full-Time, Exempt
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience
We are seeking an experienced and talented Senior Product Manager to help lead the expansion and maturation of our Marketplace Experience, for all our users. Reporting to the head of our Product Group, you will be an essential leader on the Product team and be the point person responsible for enhancing how marketplace participants access, use, engage, and benefit from their experience on Jeenie. You will champion our innovation lifecycle from ideation and definition through successful build, acceptance, market release and ongoing evolution.
As a product leader, you will be responsible for understanding market needs and innovation opportunities, managing an ongoing backlog of potential features, and driving their definition, prioritization, planning and execution relative to time and budget goals. You will collaborate regularly with our Engineering leads and domain experts, and partner closely with our client/market-facing teams, articulating and evangelizing what’s possible with digital technologies while also enabling and supporting fellow Jeenie teams in their serving our stakeholders.
The Senior Product Manager role is a balancing act that requires strong interpersonal skills plus proven hard skills, including knowing when to dig deep and when to pivot. Success requires having a curious mind, engaging style, strong attention to detail, excellent problem solving and communications abilities, and hands-on experience operating within disciplined product management methodologies that bring teams together and produce results. You know how to capture, analyze, and present data to support your beliefs and influence others. You possess a strong background in B2B and B2C SaaS, have a passion for building and innovating in digital health, and thrive in a dynamic, fast-growing scale-up that is product-led and growth oriented.
- Drive product innovation and maturity including new capabilities, roadmap priorities, value
propositions, and associated strategic and tactical activities
- Take ownership, monitor, and drive the overall success of your assigned product area(s)
- Be the market expert for your respective area, while building effective relationships
- Own ‘voice of the market’ through regular interaction with business users and economic buyers
- Coordinate cross-functionally throughout the product lifecycle and ensure success through
communication, program management, knowledge transfer and training, and domain expertise
- Clearly define, document, and communicate business requirements, user experience, and system
requirements within a disciplined process
- Organize and lead discovery, design, and acceptance testing efforts
- Identify, analyze, and recommend potential product partner relationships
- Partner with Growth teams on relevant G2M strategies to ensure they are equipped with the proper
knowledge and enablement to engage target audiences and win with prospects & clients
- Partner with Engineering to ensure clear understanding of needs and the rationale behind priorities,
and support optimal solutioning and value-creation
- Bachelor’s degree required, relevant field such as engineering or business; MBA or Masters preferred
- 8+ years direct product management experience as a Product Manager, Product Director or similar,
with the majority of that in the tech/IT space, ideally in healthcare and/or with digital marketplaces
- A hands on leadership style that doesn’t delegate or preside and instead motivates, inspires and
supports the team with a winning attitude
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects at once, with multiple stakeholders, and get
products/features launched on-time
- Experience writing business requirements, especially including Epics and User Stories that
articulate problems/needs associated with complex and variable stakeholder journeys
- A collaborative and team-oriented personality, with an ability to build strong working relationships
- Self-motivation that doesn’t wait for prescriptive direction, with a strong ability to work in a
face-paced, dynamic environment
- Detail- and results-oriented; skilled at both planning and hands-on execution, with strong analytical
and problem-solving aptitude
- Customer-obsession with a desire to get in front of customers in both 1:1 and in advisory settings
- Articulate communicator in both oral and written form, with comfort in front of diverse audiences
- Knowledge/experience working with Agile methodologies and Design-Thinking.
- Working acumen with tools like JIRA, Confluence, Notion, Figma, and CRM (HubSpot)
- Prior training/certifications in Product Management (Pragmatic) or other similar methodology
- Comfort and experience traveling up to 25% of the time
KEY PERFORMANCE METRICS
- Various business performance KPIs such as MRR/TCV, NDR (net-dollar-retention), usage growth,
- Client and marketplace participant satisfaction scores, feedback ratings, NPS, CSAT
- Various PLDC metrics across discovery, design, build, and release, including quality and velocity
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Jeenie is an Equal Employment Opportunity and an Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, abortion, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or other characteristics protected by local, state or federal law. We adhere to the principle that all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, and discharge be based on merit, performance, competence, or business needs.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.