Jeenie is a virtual interpreting platform that connects users to a video or audio call with live, qualified interpreters for on-demand language assistance. Our global community of interpreters, located in over 140 countries, is available to help clients 24/7 in over 300 languages. Clients access Jeenie from any smartphone, tablet or computer, as well as through third-party integrations with platforms such as Zoom.
We believe language is a Basic Human Right. We’re on a mission to eliminate language barriers and ensure equitable access in healthcare, education, refugee and immigration support, legal services, and government, as well as facilitate business and social conversations.
Join Our Team! As an innovative, young tech company, we are in an exceptional position to expand our peer-to-peer marketplace platform into a market leader, and disrupt a $60 billion industry. We are hiring vibrant and intellectually curious people who want to help us achieve our mission, grow professionally, and be part of a supportive and dynamic team!
Job Title: Tier 2 Technical Support Engineer
Location: Remote, with travel up to 10% (as required)
Position Details: Full-Time, Exempt
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience
Jeenie® is seeking a forward-thinking, passionate Technical Support Engineer to join its growing engineering organization. This role reports directly to the Head of Engineering and the ideal candidate has strong technical and analytical capabilities, along with extensive experience with cloud native computing technologies.
You will be an integral part of the Jeenie Engineering Team, collaborating across the company to drive impact and growth. This position will support multiple business units in developing, implementing, and supporting high quality data-driven solutions to advance effective and efficient business decisions.
The Technical Support Engineer will collaborate across multiple teams to:
- Work directly with support teams in other areas of the business to diagnose and respond to customer support requests
- Document actions in tickets to effectively communicate information internally and to customers
- Resolve problems independently and follow escalation procedures
- Reproduce and debug customer reported problems in a lab environment, as necessary, and work with engineering teams to resolve issues
- Document issues in a knowledge base for internal and external use
- Providing timely feedback into the development process on customer-reported product problems
- Critically analyze reported issues and help perform root cause analysis, when appropriate
- 2+ years work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in engineering-related field preferred, or relevant work experience
- Experience in SaaS and early-to-mid stage technology companies preferred
- Computer with high resolution web camera for client calls and product demonstrations as required
- Neutral, quiet, and professional work environment with appropriate lighting
- Stable internet connection capable of download speeds of 350kbps or higher
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to productively discuss technical matters with non-technical team members
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with people from multiple cultures and backgrounds, and a variety of personality types
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for problem solving and helping others
- Superior organizational/follow-up skills
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Jeenie is an Equal Employment Opportunity and an Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, abortion, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or other characteristics protected by local, state or federal law. We adhere to the principle that all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, and discharge be based on merit, performance, competence, or business needs.