Jeenie® is seeking an experienced operations director with a minimum of five years experience managing service delivery teams within the language industry.
Jeenie is a peer-to-peer marketplace connecting users to live interpreters for on demand language assistance and cultural advice (think “Uber” for interpreters). Our mobile and web app platform ensures that anyone can get 24/7 language help wherever they are in the world at any time from qualified interpreters in over 140 countries.
As an early-stage company, we are in an exceptional position to grow this digital marketplace into a market leader, and disrupt a $60 Billion industry. We are hiring vibrant and intellectually curious team members who want to jump into an early stage tech environment with both feet!
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS, METRICS
At a high level, responsibilities will include the day-to-day operations of the Linguist Success Team (LST) which includes managing quality, Linguist Acquisition Cost (LAC) by language pair, Recruitment procedures, Retention Programs, Linguist professional development, internal assessments, Linguist Marketing and outreach, Management of all third-party vendors as well as Linguist Customer Service.
- Be responsible for managing Jeenie’s internal quality assurance program and work to continuously attract the most qualified interpreters to the platform.
- Ensure all linguists understand the minimum standards required to participate in the Jeenie platform.
- Continuously monitor client feedback and use client feedback data to develop targeted professional development programs.
- Maintain ownership for Jeenie’s recruitment strategy as a whole and ensure Jeenie is presented to the marketplace as the most professional, respected and desirable places to work as an interpreter.
- Produce and maintain monthly risk assessments and recommended mitigation strategies for the LST and provide routine updates to the executive management team, including but not limited to VP of Sales, VP of Operations, Head of Engineering and CEO.
- Routinely perform competitive analysis of Language Service Providers from the perspective of interpreters in the areas of: Pay, Benefits, Recognition, Retention, Work Flexibility and Earnings per Linguist per Month (EPLPM).
- Oversee Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) for interpreters with customer service issues, low ratings or poor performance.
- Manage to the SLAs of the company as well as key Enterprise Clients in the areas of quality, reliability, answer times and quality for both OnDemand and Scheduled calls.
- Ensure team coverage schedules are well coordinated to ensure 24/7/365 coverage within the operation.
- Continuously work to streamline internal processes through both technology enhancements and business process reengineering to ensure the team can grow in a scalable manner over time.
- Work closely with Engineering and Development teams on functional improvements aimed at improving operational efficiency, linguist satisfaction and customer experience.
- Maintain departmental operating budget, build forecasts and operational models aimed at ensuring supply and demand are factored into resource needs over time.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure end-to-end workflow is seamless and the LST is well informed on both near and long-term business objectives including but not limited to new clients, new verticals, new service offerings or new languages.
Required Skills and Experience with:
- Workforce Management tools or processes
- Scheduling Systems, Calendar systems (such as Calendly) or CRM systems
- Data Analysis, Statistical Models, Spreadsheets and financial projections
- Working in Google Docs/Sheets and similar cloud based productivity tools
- Content production, email communications and supply-side marketing etc.
- Strong writing skills are critical.
- Conflict resolution both with customers and interpreters
- Exceptional phone- and video-based communication
- Working in a Mac environment.
- Managing teams and working in a cross-functional environment
Key Performance Metrics (not limited to):
- Linguist Ratings
- Linguist Acquisition Cost (LAC) period over period
- Missed call rates
- Average duration (in minutes) to answer calls (by language pair)
- Linguist Recruitment Goals
- Linguist Engagement Scores
- Linguist Attrition Rates
- Average Earnings per Linguist per Month, period over period
- NPS period over period