Jeenie® is seeking an experienced operations leader for the position of Vice President, Operations. This key team member will be responsible for oversight, strategy and day-to-day operations of Jeenie’s Client Implementation, Account Management, Client Success, Customer Service and Linguist Success departments. This team member will also be closely involved in product development as it relates to evolving customer needs, operational efficiencies and ongoing improvement of features aimed at improving both customer and linguist experience.
As a rapidly growing enterprise, the VP of Operations should possess experience implementing scalable solutions through continuous business process improvements and complete re-engineering of existing systems. He/She/They must be able to convey functional business requirements to Jeenie’s engineering team and maintain the pulse of the overall level of productivity and efficiency of the various teams.
Candidate must be a highly motivated and analytical thinker with the ability to to aggregate key data points and transform into actionable insights.
Jeenie is a peer-to-peer marketplace connecting users to live interpreters for on demand language assistance and cultural advice (think “Uber” for interpreters). Our mobile and web app platform ensures that anyone can get 24/7 language help wherever they are in the world at any time from qualified interpreters in over 140 countries.
As an early-stage company, we are in an exceptional position to grow this digital marketplace into a market leader, and disrupt a $60 Billion industry. We are hiring vibrant and intellectually curious team members who want to jump into an early stage tech environment with both feet!
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS, METRICS
At a high level, responsibilities will include responsibility for customer and linguist experience and the end-to-end business processes, systems and personnel involved in service delivery.
- Establish weekly, quarterly and annual goals (targets) for each department, ensuring goals tie into Corporate-level goals in growth, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Identify, manage and implement risk mitigation strategies along with CEO and Head of Engineering to ensure the organization operates in full compliance with employment as well as contractor/contractee relationships.
- Maintains responsibility for operational level compliance with HIPAA regulations as well as PHI, PHI and PCI data security standards not only for clients but also for employees and contractors.
- Implement and continuously evolve ongoing quality assurance programs specifically in the area of linguist operations to ensure the highest level of interpretation services in the industry.
- Develop and report on executive level KPIs around quality, compliance and provide Sales & Marketing with the strategic insights for use in Business Development activities.
- Perform routine updates to Jeenie’s competitor analysis to ensure products and services remain relevant and competitive.
- Maintaining all internal policies and procedures and ensuring employees are able to easily access them.
- Develop and maintain departmental budgets, recruitment strategies and ensure operational overhead as a percentage of revenue continues to decrease (scale) as the business grows.
- Work with Client Development (Sales) to understand pipeline demand by language, geography, time zone, etc. and ensure the Linguist Success Team (LST)’s recruitment strategy is continuously aligned with Jeenie’s client acquisition strategy.
- Ensure client implementation processes continue to evolve through definition and measurement of key onboarding metrics.
- Ensure the Account Management team demonstrates consistent results in the form of growth from existing accounts MoM, QoQ and YoY.
- Develop and maintain internal standards for the Client Success Team as a first point of contact department. Ensure adequate call coverage for a 24/7/365 operation.
- Implement, measure and continually improve upon linguist operations to ensure a balanced ratio of engaged interpreters to client demand while delivering consistently high call answer rates for all languages including but not limited to less commonly spoken languages, rare (indigenous) languages and ASL.
- Develop strategies to measure and increase linguist earnings period over period with an end goal to ensure interpreters using the Jeenie platform as a means of earning can do so without also contracting with other Language Service Providers (LSPs) for supplemental income.
- Work with Jeenie’s engineering and development team to continuously improve the product from both a client and internal perspective.
- Manage small-to-large, complex projects that are strategic in nature.
- Manage all vendors, 1099 contractors, review contracts, manage renewals and ensure payments are processed timely.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience with:
- Modern CRM systems such as Salesforce, HubSpot or comparable tools
- Working in Google Docs/Sheets and similar cloud based productivity tools
- Building complex spreadsheets, financial models and financials projections
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Exceptional phone- and video-based communication
- Working in a Mac environment.
- Superior organizational/follow-up skills
- Ability to perform data analysis as well as perform functional analysis on processes, systems and existing workflows
Key Performance Metrics (not limited to):
- Client Retention vs. Attrition Rates
- Client onboarding cycle times
- Contract signing <> Initial usage
- % of usage as a ratio to anticipated usage over time
- % of Client implementations completed on time
- Usage growth period over period from existing clients
- Customer Service inbound call answer rates vs. abandoned call rates
- Inbound ticket response times
- Email response times
- Average time to answer calls (OnDemand and Scheduled)
- Missed call rates (interpreting calls)
- Interpreter engagement scores
- Interpreter attrition rates (by language and overall)
- Linguist Acquisition Cost (LAC) overall and per language) over time
- App Ratings
- Linguist Ratings
- Client Ratings
- Adherence to departmental budgets