Jeenie® is seeking an experienced Q’anjobal to English/Spanish Interpreter to service its healthcare and non-healthcare enterprise clients.
Jeenie is a peer-to-peer marketplace connecting users to live interpreters for on demand language assistance and cultural advice (think “Uber” for interpreters). Our mobile and web app platform ensures that anyone can get 24/7 language help wherever they are in the world at any time from qualified interpreters in over 140 countries.
As an early-stage company, we are in an exceptional position to grow this digital marketplace into a market leader, and disrupt a $60 Billion industry. We are hiring vibrant and intellectually curious team members who want to jump into an early stage tech environment with both feet!
Jeenie Interpreters are expected to:
- Demonstrate complete fluency in a minimum of two languages.
- Provide prior employment references.
- Maintain an Internet connection capable of producing consistent upload and download speeds of 350kbps or higher. (http://speedtest.net)
- Possess and use a high resolution web camera.
- Use headphones for optimal sound quality.
- Grant all Jeenie software (web and mobile applications) full access to hardware (camera and microphone).
- Provide neutral, quiet, professional background with appropriate lighting.
- Maintain a confidential working environment.
Required Skills and Experience for this position:
- A minimum of three (3) years of verifiable experience interpreting in a medical setting.
- Proof of healthcare certification (CCHI, NBCMI, Bridging the Gap, MiTio, ALTA, etc.) or verified state or 3rd party certification.
- Proof of current HIPAA training, certification or other relevant security/privacy training, renewed annually.
- Successful completion of Jeenie review of all certifications, training and verification of references.
- Successful completion of Jeenie test call(s) to ensure proper working environment and connectivity requirements.
- Prior Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) experience is preferred.
Key Performance Metrics (not limited to):
- On-time rates for scheduled calls
- Availability scores for on-demand calls
- Customer star ratings for all calls on a 1-5 scale (1 being lowest and 5 being highest)